I’ve yet to revisit all that Marx espoused(though in all fairness, when I read it forty years ago, I thought the concept idealistic but untenable, more to do with human nature than ideology)
(A post for Susan if and when she has the time . . .)
Source: Marxists Internet Archive
By Paul Mattick 1938
Was the Bolshevik Revolution a Failure?
Source: The Modern Quarterly, Fall 1938, pp. 16-20.
Transcribed: by Thomas Schmidt
Proofed: by Jonas Holmgren
- Did the Bolshevik Revolution achieve its proletarian objectives?
- Is the dictatorship of the proletariat consonant with Party Dictatorship?
- Can a proletarian State arise on the basis of the wage system, managed by a Party-State? What constitutes the abolition of capitalism?
- Does Lenin’s thesis that in the imperialist epoch the proletariat alone can lead a revolution to complete the “Bourgeois task” claim validity in view of the course pursued by Cardenas in Mexico, Kemal Pacha in Turkey, etc.?
- Viewed in retrospect, did the seizure of power by the Bolsheviks retard the World Proletarian Revolution?
I deny the assumption…
View original post 1,814 more words